Driver Blows Past School Bus, Gets Citation
The following information was provided by the Dover Police Department.
The following is an excerpt of Dover Police log entries from Feb. 2 to Feb. 5.
Saturday, Feb. 2
10:35 a.m.: Prescription glasses found in Caryl Park were turned in to the Police Department.
4:13 p.m.: A party stated she lost her keys in Caryl Park and would have to leave her vehicle overnight. She was going to be returning for the vehicle in the morning.
6:03 p.m.: The Fire Department reported a smoke alarm at Dover Market. The smoke was caused by a fire on the rotisserie grill. Workers were advised to clean the grill.
Sunday, Feb. 3
6:15 p.m.: Police referred a call to the Fire Department; a resident on Clover Circle had left food in the oven. Firefighters ventilatd the house.
Monday, Feb. 4
2:22 a.m.: A Crest Drive resident reported the carbon monoxide detector was activated. A furnace pipe was loose, then replaced, but the detector was still going off. The Fire Department checked the building and there were negative carbon monoxide readings. The resident was advised to contact the gas company.
Tuesday, Feb. 5
7:30 a.m.: A caller said a red SUV swiped her and continued down Central Avenue to Needham. A partial plate was recovered. Police involved the party's information and the involved person was going to be coming into the station.
8:10 a.m.: A bus driver in the area of Church Street and Springdale Avenue reported that a vehicle passed his school bus while the stop sign was out and flashers were on. Police were going to be issuing the driver with a marked lanes citation.
11:33 a.m.: A Willow Street resident reported a vehicle operator was letting his dogs out to run behind his vehicle in the road. The caller said this almost caused an accident. Police located the vehicle and spoke with the operator.