Five Things You Need To Know About Today: Feb. 10
Be sure to check here daily for useful information about what is going on in Dover and Sherborn today.
Five Things You Need To Know About Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The Dover Police Department has announced that they now have a new drug take-back container in the lobby of the Dover Police Department. The container gives an opportunity to clean out your medicine cabinet and safely dispose of any unwanted or expired prescription drugs you no longer need or take. The container is self-serve and there is no paperwork or questions involved.
2. The Dover Town Library will hold a story and craft time about Valentine's Day today from 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. This is a drop in program - no registration is required.
3. The Sherborn Library will hold a few story time events today:
- 'Mother Goose Baby Lapsit', a program for babies up to 2 years of age, is a 20 minute program where you share rhymes, songs and simple books with babies. We will sing, clap hands and have fun. This free program begins at 10 am.
- 'Winter Story Time' for preschoolers ages 2-5 will be held at 10:30 a.m. Story time will include songs, stories and simple crafts.
4. Registration for the 2012 spring Dover-Sherborn Youth Baseball and Softball season is now underway. All interested boys and girls in grades 1-8 are invited to participate. Parents can go to the DSYBS website to register and find out more information about the baseball and softball programs. Registration closes on Feb. 24, with late fees going into effect on Feb. 17.
5. The D-S boys' and girls' varsity basketball teams face Holliston today. The boys' team will play Holliston at 6:30 p.m. while the girls' team will travel to Holliston for a 6:30 p.m. game.