Five Things You Need To Know About Today: March 15
Be sure to check here daily for useful information about what is going on in Dover and Sherborn today.
Five Things You Need To Know About Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1.Tonight is the opening night for DSHS winter musical, Children of Eden. Children of Eden is a two-act musical play with music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz and a book by John Caird. The musical is based on the Book of Genesis. Act I tells the story of Adam and Eve, Cain, and Abel, and Act II deals with Noah and the Flood. While using the Bible as a plot source, it freely deviates in many details, and is a story of parents and children without a specific religious point-of-view. Today's performance will be held at 7:30 p.m. at the Dover-Sherborn High School. Tickets are $15 and are available at Dover Deli, Dover Market, Sherborn Walgreens. Also on the website TicketStage.com
2. In Sherborn today, the following meetings will take place at the Sherborn Town Hall: The Board of Selectmen, whose meeting agenda can be found HERE, will hold a meeting at 6:00 p.m. The Conservation Commission will also meet at 7:00 p.m. The meeting agenda can be found HERE.
3. SEPAC (Special Education Parent’s Advisory Council) will hold their monthly meeting this morning at 9:00 a.m. at the Pine Hill Elementary School. SEPAC is a group of parents from the Dover/ Sherborn community that share experiences when it comes to raising children with learning differences. They plan lectures and workshops to better educate ourselves as well as others on related topics. All are invited to join.
4. Dover Town Library will host a variety of activities today:
- This week's tea will include a St. Patrick's day celebration with snacks, treats and local Irish Step Dancers. Tea will be served from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., with the dancers arriving at 3:00 p.m.
- The preschool fun program for children will run from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Bring your preschooler to the Community Room to have some fun with toys, instruments, and balls provided by the library. This is a free drop-in program and no registration is required.
- Robert Skloff, who has over a decade of Wall Street investing experience, will hold a Financial Advising Session at 7:00 p.m. Mr. Skloff will answer any questions you may have about investing and offer advice on how to properly invest while protecting your assets.
5. The Sherborn Council on Aging will hold a blood pressure clinic and drop in lunch for Seniors at the Pilgrim Church at 12:00 p.m. Lunch will include a Special Musical Performance: "This Old Hat, Women in History”. Patty Carver, Broadway singer and performer will bring to life four famous women of America. It is a historically correct, entertaining and filled with upbeat music. Program is sponsored by Thomas Upham House-Medfield, Timothy Daniels House-Holliston, and Riverbend- South Natick, MA. The suggested donation lunch is $2.00.