Five Things: 'Kung-Fu Panda' and Django the Dog
Be sure to check here daily for useful information about what is going on in Dover and Sherborn today.
Five Things You Need To Know About Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Pine Hill Elementary School CSA will hold a meeting this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Pine Hill dining room.
2. Dover Town Library will host three events today:
- Children of all ages are invited to stop by the library for storytime from 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- The movie "Kung-Fu Panda 2" (PG) will be shown on the big screen in the community room at 2:00 p.m.
- Dover Council on Aging invites seniors to a Theraputic Chi Gong class in the Community Room from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. This class, led by Linda Bellifeuille, is a low impact exercise class meant to help to increase energy as well as improve balance and strength.
3. The D-S boys' varsity baseball and girls' varsity softball team hosts Medfield at 4:00 p.m. The girls' and boys' varsity tennis teams will face Medfield today at 4:00 p.m. The boys' team will play at home while the girls' team will play away at Medfield.
4. Django, a certified therapy dog, will visit the Sherborn Library today from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Readers in kindergarten through third grade are invited to sign up to meet Django and read a book to him. Each session will last 10 minutes. Pre-Registration is required. Call to register at 508-653-0770 or sign up at the children’s librarian’s desk.
5. The Sherborn Inn will host two events today:
- The Senior Lunch Series will be held this afternoon with lunch and live music from Bill and Bo Winiker. Dance and sing the afternoon away while enjoying lunch. The luncheon costs $25 and will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Tonight is "Italian Night" at the Inn. $16.99 will get you a salad, entree and dessert.