Grab & Go Kids Planner
From building your own pinball machine to dancing 'for the love of it,' there's plenty of hands-on opportunities near Dover and Sherborn this weekend!
- From project basics to giving your child the opportunity to say, "I built this," Lowes offers Build and Grow kid's clinics every other Saturday at locations near Dover and Sherborn including the Dedham and Hudson stores. Bring your child into any Lowe's store at 10 a.m. and build a FREE wooden project. Each participant also receives a free apron, goggles, a project themed patch, and a certification of merit upon completion of their project. Spring sports are just starting up so this Saturday your little one can build a sports pinball game.
- Hold on to your hats as you follow the latest breathless adventure of Ramona Quimby, the exasperating but lovable third-grader brought to life in the Ramona books by Newbery Award-winning writer Beverly Cleary at Newman Elementary School (1155 Central Ave., Needham) on Saturday April 9 and Sunday April 10 at 2 p.m. If you prefer to order tickets by mail, downloadable ticket order form is available here. Orders that are received close to the performance will be held at the box office for pickup. For information, call (781) 444-4740. Adults: $20, Seniors and Students: $17, Groups (10 or more for a single performance): $17
- Get moving and be a part of “For the Love of Dance” – a free event being hosted on Saturday, April 9 at the Dedham Health & Athletic Complex (200 Providence Hwy, Dedham) from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. for an afternoon of fun dancing, games, prizes, and giveaways! Hosted by Mix 104.1! Free for all members and nonmembers.
- P.R.O.V.E I.T. in association with The Performing Arts Connection will present RENT, School Edition at Lincoln-Sudbury High School (390 Lincoln Road, Sudbury) on Saturday, April 9 at 3 and 8 p.m. and Sunday, April 10 at 2 and 6 p.m. $1 of every ticket sold will be donated to The Trevor Project, an organization that provides guidance and resources in order to foster safe and accepting environments for all youth.
- Kids Earth Fest- NSJCC West Peabody (83 Pine Street, West Peabody) on Sunday, April 10 at 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Celebrate Earth Day with lots of green family fun at the North Suburban Jewish Community Center. The event includes live music, paper-making and recycled crafts, plus a special appearance by Elmo, and more!