Recipe: Asian-Inspired Slow Cooker Short Rib Soup
A yummy dinner as is, or use the marinade for your next roast!
On days that I know the evenings are gong to be rough – everyone out of the house, or a late meeting, etc., or even when I don’t feel like cooking a full dinner – the slow cooker is my saving grace.
This was delicious, the rib meat was to die for and I will definitely be making more roasts with this marinade. So yummy!
- 3 lbs. boneless short ribs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 Tbs. Freshly minced ginger
- 2 Tbs. Toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 package mei fun
- Put ribs in slow cooker.
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and garlic. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Just before serving, follow directions on mei fun package.
- Divide mei fun between bowls and ladle broth over top and divide meat among the bowls. (Slice meat as desired.)