The Chamber, located in Framingham, originally represented 10 communities and will now provide services to 23.
The Chamber made the announcement official at its 118th Annual Meeting & Awards Gala Thursday night at the Sheraton Framingham.
The original town communities were: Framingham, Ashland, Holliston, Holliston, Hopkinton, Natick, Sherborn, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland and Westborough.
Added to the Chamber were Marlborough, Hudson, Weston, Wellesley, Dover, Medfield, Millis, Medway, Milford, Bellingham, Franklin, Hopedale and Northborough.
During the red-carpet gala, the MetroWest Chamber awarded:
- Framingham-resident Carol Sanchez of Sanches & Santiago CPAs in Marlborough, the Athena Award
- Sudbury resident Donna Kelleher, President and CEO of Next Generation Children’s Centers, as the 2013 Business Leader of the Year
- Jack Abby's Brewery in Framingham, as the Small Business of the Year
- Leadership MetroWest, based in Framingham, as the Non-Profit Partner of the Year
- Steve Levine of Purple Ink Insurance in Ashland as Ambassador of the Year
Members of the MetroWest Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors ended the annual meeting with a Chamber-version of Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire.