1. Tonight is the dedication of the football field. The halftime ceremony is expected to last about 10 minutes with Superintendent of Schools Valerie Spriggs and Frank Pearlmutter and Bill Schatard from the Boosters Club also expected to speak. The field has brand new field turf that was made possible through private donations.
Also, it is at this time when the field will officially be named in memory of Nora Searle, the 14-year-old who inspired her teachers, classmates, friends and the community as she bravely fought cancer, never complaining and always smiling. Sadly, Nora passed away this past April.
Tonight is a night that, if you live in Dover or Sherborn, you will want to be there as all the fall high school and youth sports teams take part. The game against Hopkington begins at 7 p.m.
2. A reminder to parents that this is a long weekend. There will be no school on Monday in celebration of Columbus Day.
3. The Dover Board of Selectmen will meet next Thursday, October 11.
4. The Sherborn Disability Advisory will meet on Tuesday, October 9, at 4 p.m.
5. Have you liked us on Facebook yet? If not, then now's the time!