If you're a lover of the written word, and want to have your voice heard, Dover-Sherborn Patch is your answer.
The best part? You can write in whatever style you choose, at any length, as often as you like. If you want to post something every day, do it. If you’re more of a weekly or every-other-week kind of blogger, that’s great, too. We want you all!
Think of it like writing a letter to the editor, as often as you want on any topic. Or like a conversation among friends and neighbors. Or as a way to share your expertise on whatever you’re skilled at. Everyone’s got something to say, and we’d love for you to say it on Dover-Sherborn Patch.
Why is blogging so important to us? Dover-Sherborn Patch is more than a place to catch up on daily news and find business information in our local directory (though we think we do a pretty good job with both). We are a community, and no community is complete without lots of conversation, give and take, information, questions, answers and simple “hello”s. We’re Dover-Sherborn online, and we—and your friends and neighbors—want to hear from you.
Who can blog?
Are you a recent graduate getting ready for that next adventure? Tell us about what it’s like to spend that last summer at home and how you’re preparing for college/work/military. (Then blog once you’ve reached that next place and share your experiences with friends and family back home.)
Do you teach yoga, know how to stretch a buck, play an instrument, dabble in photography, write poetry, make a mean chicken carbonara (or have the ability to pair it with the perfect wine), coach Little League, walk dogs, bake the perfect pie or have a crafty side? Share your talents in a blog—whether it’s a few photos of your handiwork with a short description, a how-to list or a story that will inspire others to follow suit.
Got a political opinion? Want to share your weekly sermon or an inspirational story? Just want to make us laugh? Blog!
Other examples of great blogging topics:
- Food: From professional chefs to those who enjoy assembling a great home-cooked meal, we're looking for anything food related in Dover and Sherborn. Submit blogs with recipe suggestions or ideas on great meals or desserts for the season.
- Music: Are you a musician? Do you have any thoughts on what it's like playing a certain instrument or want to talk about the next big thing for music in the Dover-Sherborn area? Let us know!
- Art: Similar to the end of music, we're looking for local artists to contribute ideas and thoughts to inspire others in town - from painters to potters, if you've got a taste for art, we want to hear from you.
- Politics: It's always an important issue for discussion, and if you've got an opinion on what's going on at the governmental level both locally and nationally, start a blog with us.
- Books: Readers, librarians and literature buffs alike are welcome to blog about reading, stories and anything of the like.
- Environment: Got a green thumb? Let other residents in the area know how you contribute to a better Earth, from recycling to saving energy at home, every little bit helps.
How easy is it?
At Patch, we're devoted to finding ways to make your life as ridiculously easy as possible. So we've changed the way blogging works to make it easier for you to start blogging right away.
All you have to do to get started is visit our blogging page and click "Post on Patch." From there, let your typing fingers run rampant (but coherently, please) and when you're done writing and have saved your work, hit submit!
Why should I blog?
Dover-Sherborn Patch is more than a news site. It is a free place to post upcoming events. It's an online conversation about the community. But to keep the conversation going, we need your voice!
You may be asking yourself, "What would I even write about?"
Well, the answer is - anything! A blog offers the opportunity to share your thoughts, concerns, advice, and tips, get your name out to the community, get info about your local group out to the community, and so much more.