Five Things You Need To Know About Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Tonight is the last installment of the series Friday Night at the Movies. The film starts at 6:00 p.m. and will finish by 8:00 p.m. Kids can make a donation of $1.00 for popcorn and water. This week's film is "Puss in Boots".
2. The Sherborn Library will host a few storytime activities today:
- Mother Goose Baby Lapsit, a program for children up to 2-years-old, will be held at 10:00 a.m. This program features rhymes, songs and simple books with babies.
- Winter Storytime for preschoolers, ages 2-5, will be held at 10:30 a.m. This storytime features songs, and crafts.
3. will hold a story and craft time about rain today from 10:30 am to 11:00 am. This is a drop in program - no registration required.
4. Tickets are still available for The 9th Annual Winter Blues Breaker concert to be held tomorrow night, March 17 from 7:00 p.m. to midnight. The event features live music from the Vice Grips, a local band made up of five local Dover guys that graduated around 1974 and reunited 9 years ago for the purpose of playing the annual fundraiser. Food will be catered by Blue Ribbon BBQ of Newton who will be providing their own BBQ meats along with some Irish treats. Prohibition Distillery, a New York-based vodka maker will be sponsoring the event and serving up their Bootlegger 21 vodka. For more information and ticket prices call the Legion at 508-785-9878.
5. is proud to present it's winter musical, Children of Eden, directed by Scott Walker, musical direction by Christopher Keene and choreography by Lauryn Walker. Children of Eden is a two-act musical play with music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz and a book by John Caird. The musical is based on the Book of Genesis. Act I tells the story of Adam and Eve, Cain, and Abel, and Act II deals with Noah and the Flood. While using the Bible as a plot source, it freely deviates in many details, and is a story of parents and children without a specific religious point-of-view. Today's performance will be held at 7:30 p.m. at the . Tickets are $15 and are available at , , Sherborn Walgreens. Also on the website TicketStage.com