Five Things You Need To Know About Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. In Sherborn today, the Board of Selectmen will hold a meeting at the at 6:00 p.m. The meeting agenda can be found HERE.
2. The White family of Dover will be hosting a second showing of their 6Explorers presentation at in the Mudge Auditorium at 7:00 p.m. Their presentation chronicals their 350-day trip in 2010-11, where they traveled to 31 countries across all seven continents. The event will include photos and videos will help illustrate their lessons learned about the world and about themselves during their journey. The four children of the family - Alex, Emma, Andrew and Reis - will share their experiences and what they learned during their travels. The event will raise funds to support the mission of World Reader, one of several organizations the 6Explorers supported as a result of their journeys. There will be a suggested donation of $5 for students, $10 for adults, or $20 for families.
3. The Dover Historical Society will hold their annual meeting tonight at 7:00 p.m. at the . Stephen A. Marini will share his recent research on Who Was the Reverend Benjamin Caryl? Those interested in Dover’s history are invited to attend. Refreshments will be served.
4. The presents live music from "Brogue" tonight from 7 pm - 9:30 pm. There is a $5.00 cover charge.
5. Parents of seniors are invited to attend a special presentation "Transitioning to College: What Parent's Need to Know: Strategies, Resources and Support.: This event will feature Dr. Richard Kadison, Director of Mental Health Services, Harvard University and author of College of the Overwhelmed; Rebecca Krier, 3 year Resident Life Assistant and Graduate of College of the Holy Cross; Amy DiSanto, parent of three college students, DS JV Girls Soccer Coach, Associate Pastor Grace Church. This event will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Middle School Chorale Room, 2nd floor