Five Things You Need To Know About Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. In Sherborn today, the Sherborn Planning Board will hold a public hearing at the beginning at 7:00 p.m. Agenda items include the list of trees proposed to be removed from scenic roads throughout the town and an update on the library plan. The complete meeting agenda can be found HERE.
2. The Dover Historical Society will sponser a special lecture On “Christmas in New England” presented by Kenneth Turino at The at 7:00 p.m.
Turino, Manager of Exhibitions at Historic New England, will trace the celebration of Christmas with illustrations and descriptions of the years 1770-1900. Turino will also explain how Christmas was transformed from a rowdy celebration to a family centered event. Among the topics to be discussed are how the Christmas tree became popular, halls were decked, and Santa Claus came to town. The illustrated lecture is appropriate for all ages. There is no admission charge and refreshments will be served.
3. SPAN-DS will be hosting a discussion on at the Dover Town House on Wednesday, Nov. 30. The presentation entitled "notMYkid" will be presented by Nancy Leedberg of the Brockton Police Department. Leedberg will be discussing drug use among teens in Massachusetts and will provide tips on creating a family drug prevention program. The event will begin at 7:30 p.m.
4. The (GANS), at the will be open today from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This consignment shop offers "good as new" quality items which includes antiques, collectibles, toys, games, books, clothing, seasonal items, small appliances and so much more. Be sure to stop in every Wednesday to see what's new.
5. Every Wednesday is "Italian Night" at the Sherborn Inn. $16.99 will get you a salad, entree and dessert.