Five Things You Need To Know About Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. All Dover-Sherborn Regional Schools will be having an early release day today. The Dover Town Library will be having a tween and teen early release day from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. featuring snacks and games. The gaming room will also be open.
2. The Dover-Sherborn Special Education Parent’s Advisory Council (SEPAC) welcomes guest speaker, Dr. Karen Postal, who will present "The Neuroscience of Academic Success: Executive Function in the Classroom". Dr. Postal, a board certified neuropsychologist, will discuss how parents, who have children or students who suffer from anxiety and executive function, gain a better understanding of why they suffer and offer them strategies for success in the classroom. This special presentation will begin at 7:00 p.m. at the .
3. The Sherborn Lions Club will hold their monthly dinner/speaker meeting tonight at the Sherborn Inn at 6:30 p.m. Albert Whitaker, director of Mission Delivery for the American Diabetes Association, will speak about diabetes and discuss preventive measures for keeping it under control. Visitors are always welcome and don't have to be a member of the club to attend. The price for dinner is $22.00.
4. Raiders varsity events:
- The boys and girls face Medway HS today. The girls will play at home at 3:30 p.m. while the boys travel to Medway for a 4:00 p.m. game.
- The girls field hockey team hosts Ashland at 3:30 p.m.
5. The (GANS), at the will be open today from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This consignment shop offers "good as new" quality items which includes antiques, collectibles, toys, games, books, clothing, seasonal items, small appliances and so much more. Be sure to stop in every Wednesday to see what's new.