Friday, October 19, 2012
Here are some things happening in town that people may be interested in today.
1. Have kids who like Halloween? Then check out the Fall Festival tomorrow. 2. It's a busy day for Raiders athletics. Football is traveling to Millis. Boys and girls soccer are both in action, as is field hockey. Field hockey is at Ashland, girls soccer is at Medway and boys soccer is hosting Medway. 3. The Dover Town Library will have storytime today at 10:30 a.m. All ages are welcome. 4. A little safety advice in today's Dover Police Log. 5. Follow us on Twitter. Our handle is @DoverPatch.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Here are some things to know right here in Dover-Sherborn.
1. Make sure you read about Dover resident Dr. Gerald Marx receiving a prestigious award from the American Heart Association. 2. Are you interested in Social Media? Then you should follow us on Twitter. Our handle is @DoverPatch. 3. If you have an interest in photography, then you absolutely have to enter our pumpkin photo contest! 4. Single? There's Singles Speed Dating at the Sherborn Inn tonight at 7 p.m. 5. Tonight is Financial Aid Night for parents of seniors at Dover-Sherborn High School. It will be held in the Middle School Library at 7 p.m.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Here are some things to know about here in Dover-Sherborn.
1. If you like photography, then you need to take part in our photo contest! We're looking for photos of pumpkins. The winner gets a $25 gift card to a local business! 2. The Dover Democratic Town Committee is meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the Dover Town Library. 3. There is early dismissal at all Dover-Sherborn public schools today. Check to make sure what time your child is getting out of school today. 4. A lot of Raiders action today. Boys and girls cross country will be competing against Medway. Field hockey will travel to Hopkinton. Girls soccer will host Bellingham, while boys soccer will travel to Bellingham. 5. Have you visited our Facebook page yet? How about liking us?
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Here are five things that might interest you if you live in Dover-Sherborn.
1. There is an early release day tomorrow in Dover-Sherborn Public Schools. Make sure to check what time your child's school gets out. 2. The Dover Legion will be having a pumpkin sale all day long at their post, which is located at 32 Dedham St. in Dover. 3. Take a look at today's Sherborn Police Log. Sherborn and Dover helped a missing person in the woods get out and back to the main roads. 4. Boys golf is the only Raiders sport in action today. They are competing against Hopkinton. 5. If you're on Facebook, then you'll want to Like Dover-Sherborn Patch's Facebook page.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Here are some thing you might want to know in Dover-Sherborn.
1. Are you a sports fan? Are you a fan of your hometown Raiders? Then make sure you check out our photo gallery of the Dover-Sherborn girls soccer team, including video of the yesterday's first goal of the game. 2. Do you like photography? Then you'll want to take part in our fall foliage photo contest. You could win a $25 gift card. 3. The Dover Democratic Town Committee will meet tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the Dover Town Library to discuss the November 6th election. 4. Today in Raiders athletics, boys and girls cross country will host Holliston. Field hockey will also be at home. They will be playing Bellingham. 5. Follow us on Twitter @DoverPatch. Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or …
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Here are some things you might be interested in here in Dover-Sherborn.
1. If you didn't get a chance to view our image gallery from Friday night's football field dedication, where the field was renamed Nora Searle Field, make sure you take a look today. 2. The Powisset Farm Stand in Dover will be open today at 1:30 p.m. 3. In Raiders action today, boys golf and boys and girls soccer will all be playing Hopkington today. The girls soccer team is the only team that is playing at home. 4. Tomorrow the Sherborn Library will have Read to a Dog for children in grades kindergarten through third grade. This will be at 4 p.m. Pre-registration was required, so check with the library to see if any spots are still available. 5. We want to be able to have more discussions with you, our readers. So head on over to our …
Monday, October 8, 2012
Here are some things of interest in Dover-Sherborn today.
1. On Friday night the football field at Dover-Sherborn High School was dedicated and renamed Nora Searle Field. Hundreds took part in the event, and many more gathered to watch. Make sure to check out our image gallery, which includes the story from the evening. 2. There is no school today in Dover-Sherborn in celebration of Columbus Day. 3. The Sherborn Board of Selectmen will meet on Wednesday this week, while the Dover Board of Selectmen will meet on Thursday. 4. The Dover Cultural Council is still accepting applications for grant money. Money is awarded for community oriented arts, humanities and science programs. 5. Anyone who has pictures from Friday night's football field dedication is welcome to upload them to our Pics & Clips …
Friday, October 5, 2012
Here are some things of interest in Dover-Sherborn today.
1. Tonight is the dedication of the football field. The halftime ceremony is expected to last about 10 minutes with Superintendent of Schools Valerie Spriggs and Frank Pearlmutter and Bill Schatard from the Boosters Club also expected to speak. The field has brand new field turf that was made possible through private donations. Also, it is at this time when the field will officially be named in memory of Nora Searle, the 14-year-old who inspired her teachers, classmates, friends and the community as she bravely fought cancer, never complaining and always smiling. Sadly, Nora passed away this past April. Tonight is a night that, if you live in Dover or Sherborn, you will want to be there as all the fall high school and youth sports teams …
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Here are some interesting things for today in town.
1. Did you know that living healthy can help you from getting breast cancer? 2. The Sherborn Police showed how they can help mediate a dispute between neighbors in today's log. 3. Someone has been pulling up a whole bunch of plants in one part of Dover. 4. We'd love to have you as one of our bloggers! 5. Don't forget the football field will be dedicated on Friday night.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Here are some things you might be interested in if you live in Dover-Sherborn on October 2, 2012.
1. The Sherborn Police made sure an alleged drunk driver wasn't able to stay behind the wheel. 2. Tomorrow the Pine Hill School and the Chickering School will have early release. Pine Hill will get out at 12 p.m. and Chickering will get out at 12:15 p.m. 3. In Raiders athletics, boys and girls soccer and field hockey all have varsity games today. The girls soccer team is the only one who is at home. 4. Take a look at some of the calls the Dover Police Department responded to on September 24-25. 5. The new football field will be dedicated on Friday night. This town wide event is something for everyone to see.